Rice with Red Kidney Bean Chili
- 2/3 Cup converted white rice
- 1 ¾ Cups water
- 1/12 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Can (28 ounces ) chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 packet Taco seasoning mix
- Cook according to directions below.
- ADD: 2 teaspoons Smoked Maple Syrup or
- 2 teaspoons Rum barrel Aged Maple Syrup per 1 cup serving.
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 TBS olive oil. Then add the rice. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. While the rice is cooking, brown 1 1/2 pound of ground beef with 2/3 cup chopped onion. Drain off any fat. After rice is cooked add the remaining ingredients together. Stir and mix well.
ADD: 2 Teaspoon Smoked MAple Syrup or 2 tsps of Rum Barrel Aged Maple Syrup per 1 cup serving.