Maple Corny Cowboy Casserole
- 1, 8.5 oz box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Wood’s Maple Sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. Leftover Smoked Maple Pork Shoulder (You can use shredded chicken or brisket as well)
- 12 oz. corn canned or frozen but frozen tastes better
- 1 can chili beans
- ½ cup Mexican cheese
¼ Wood’s BBQ Sauce
- Green onion, salsa, and sour cream to garnish
Base layer —
Top layer —
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Melt your butter and let cool.
- If using frozen corn, cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes and let cool.
- To a medium-sized bowl add muffin mix, egg, sour cream, corn, cooled butter, maple sugar, and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix to combine.
- Greece a 9 x 13-inch glass pan.
- Pour your batter into the pan and sprinkle cooled corn over the top. If using canned corn, be sure to drain thoroughly. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the corn mixture is firm enough to poke holes into.
- Chop or shred your leftover pork and move it to a small bowl. Mix meat with ¼ cup of Wood’s BBQ Sauce.
- Remove from corn base from the oven. Poke holes in the corn mixture with a spoon handle. Pour drained chili beans over the corn base, spread evenly, and top with shredded pork BBQ mixture, then return to the oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Open the oven, and top the casserole with ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Top casserole with chopped green onion and add salsa, and sour cream on the side to garnish if you like.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.