Salted Maple Caramel Carmelitas
- ⅔ cup butter, melted (5.5oz, 156g)
¾ Wood's Vermont Maple Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour (5oz, 143g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (2.8oz, 80g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (6oz, 170g)
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pecans (2oz, 58g)
- 15 oz (425g) caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Prepare an 8-inch baking pan by lining it with a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and the sugar has absorbed the butter.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture into a prepared baking pan. Press flat with hands.
- Bake until set and golden on the edges, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven,
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans evenly over the base. Pour caramel sauce over evenly.
- Crumble reserved half of the dough and sprinkle in small pieces over caramel sauce.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature. Put in refrigerator until cold and firm. Slice into squares.
- Can be eaten directly out of the refrigerator for a chewy bar. Or left to rest at room temperature until the caramel is softened.
- Store in refrigerator.
Use heavy-duty aluminum foil to line the pan. Regular foil is too thin and may stick to the oatmeal.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.