Are you searching for a scrumptious breakfast option that's quick to prepare and packs a powerful nutritional punch? Look no further than our flourless Sun Butter Maple Banana Muffins! This blender-made recipe is not only easy to whip up but also flour-free, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a healthier morning indulgence. Packed with wholesome ingredients like Wood's Maple Syrup, honey, sun butter, eggs, and bananas, and featuring a touch of Lily's chocolate, these muffins are a nutritional powerhouse that will satisfy your chocolate cravings while fueling your day. These babies are crazy moist and absolutely scrumptious.
- Ripe bananas contribute natural sweetness and moisture to the muffins. Chock-full of potassium which helps you keep your blood pressure in check, your bones strong, and your muscles healthy. They're also a great source of vitamin C!
- Sunflower seed butter (Sun Butter) is an ideal substitute for nut butters, making these muffins nut-free and school-friendly. Sun Butter is packed with nutrients your body needs like healthy fats, vitamin E, and magnesium. Combined it with the eggs, and you have a protein boost that tastes great and will keep you feeling full and energized.
- Wood's Maple Syrup adds a rich, authentic maple flavor that pairs perfectly with the bananas. It's rich in antioxidants, manganese, and zinc which helps reduce inflammation, assists your body in assimilating nutrients, and keeps your immune system functioning in tip-top shape (You all know how I love my maple!).
- Lily's chocolate chips offer a chocolaty indulgence with no inflammatory cane sugars or high fructose corn syrup to keep this muffin's healthy ingredients doing what nature intended.
- Consider adding a handful of chopped nuts or dried fruits for extra texture and flavor.
Our flourless Sun Butter Maple Banana Muffins are a nutritious delight that caters to your cravings while supporting your health-conscious choices. With Wood's Maple Syrup, honey, sun butter, bananas, honey, and just the right touch of Lily's chocolate, these muffins are a fantastic way to kickstart your day with energy and a satisfied palate. Whip up a batch for a quick and healthy breakfast or keep them handy for a delicious on-the-go snack. Embrace the goodness of these muffins and enjoy a guilt-free treat that fuels both your body and your taste buds!
Sunny Maple Banana Muffins
1 cup Original Sun Butter
- 2 ripe bananas peeled
- 2 eggs
¼ Wood's Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
Option—Melted butter and Wood's Maple Sprinkles to top.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Grease your muffin tins or use paper or silicon cup liners (We used Avocado oil as a heart-healthy substitute).
- Add all ingredients except your chips to a blender.
- Blend on medium until batter is well incorporated (It will be runnier than normal muffin batter so don't worry).
- Fold in your chocolate chips (We used Lily's milk chocolate because they don't contain refined sugar).
Bake your muffins. Bake times will vary depending on the size but our tiny muffins took 9 minutes, regular size took 11, and large took 14 minutes. Toothpick test them and when it comes out mostly clean they're done. They'll finish cooking as they cool in the pans (I doubled my recipe!).
We melted some butter and brushed the tops of some of the muffins after they cooled a little and sprinkled them with Wood's Maple Sprinkles. This went perfectly with the muffins we left the chocolate out of, but was good on them all.
These will store in the refrigerator for up to a week, but ours have never made it that long! They get gobbled right up...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.