Dough • 4 to 4 1/4 cups (480g to 510g) flour
• 3/4 cup (170g) water, lukewarm
• 6 tablespoons (74g)softened unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup Wood's Maple Syrup
• 4 eggs
• 1 1/2 teaspoons (9g) salt
• 4 teaspoons (12g) instant yeast
1. Make your starter by combing the water, Wood's Maple Syrup and yeast in a large bowl. Combine by wishing gently.
2. After 10 minutes, add 2 cups of flour and mix together.
3. Add the butter and eggs, mix together.
4. Mix in the remaining flour.
5. Move dough to a clean surface and knead dough for 7 minutes.
6. Divide dough in half, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
7. Divide dough in half once more so that you have 4 pieces of dough.
8. Roll out each piece until about 3/4 of an inch thick and 1.5 feet long.
9. Line up the four pieces, then braid them.
10. Place braided dough in bread pan, cover and let proof for 1-2 hours, or until puffy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. Brush the dough with a milk and egg wash. Put bread in oven for 30-45 minutes -until golden brown.
12. Once cooked, pull bread and let cool.
13. The bread is complete.
14. For the breakfast sandwich, stir together an egg, a splash of milk, a teaspoon of vanilla, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 cup Wood's Maple Syrup.
15. Dip bread in mixture then cook in a pan until toasted on both sides.
16. Add cheese to each piece and put to the side.
17. Fry your eggs in the pan. Put eggs on bread, cover, cut in half.