2⁄3 cup Orville Redenbacher popcorn, popped in 2 batches
1 cup butter
2 cups Wood’s Maple Sugar
2⁄3 cup Wood’s Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Optional: peanuts or other nuts, of choiceDIRECTIONS -
1. In a large pan melt 1 cup of butter.
2. Add maple sugar, maple syrup and salt.
3. Bring to a low boil and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from the stove and add baking soda.
5. Stir in almonds, peanuts or other nuts of choice.
6. In a very large pan or bowl pour maple syrup mixture over popcorn.
7. Stir quickly to coat.
8. Pour out on cookie sheets.
9. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour turning mixture with a spatula halfway through baking.
10. Cool slightly, break apart and store when cooled completely in air tight bags or jars.