Ingredients 4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon of Maple Sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Warm the eggs by placing them UN-CRACKED in a medium bowl and cover with hot water (as hot as your tap will go). Let them sit for 10 minutes.
THIS IS KEY - I TRIED IT WITHOUT DOING THIS AND... NOT AS BIG AND FLUFFY!
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F and move the oven rack to a low position (to prepare for huge popovers!). Grease the popover pan thoroughly inside each cup as well as around the top edges.
3. With your whisk, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and Maple Sugar until they are combined. The yolks should be completely blended in.
4. Add the flour and whisk until the mixture is frothy and all large lumps are gone. Then quickly stir in the melted butter.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared popover cups. They should be about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake the popovers for 20 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350°F. Bake for another 10 or 15 minutes. The popovers will be very golden brown.
7. Serve immediately with butter and strawberry jam ... at least that's what I do!