Maple Roasted Spicy Rosemary Nuts
4 cups mixed nuts (I used pecans, walnuts, cashews and almonds)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (I used 1 tablespoon dried rosemary), divided
Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a bowl, combine the melted butter, maple syrups, cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
- Add the nuts and stir until coated.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet and spread evenly
- Bake for ten minutes then stir. Bake for another 5—10 minutes until nuts are golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and toss with an additional 1½ teaspoons of rosemary and sea salt to taste.
- Cool nuts to room temperature and store in an airtight container.