Peanut Butter, Maple Chocolate Squares
9 oz. package chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1 cup Signature brand peanut butter*
¾ cup milk
2 (4 oz.) size packages French vanilla instant pudding
5 cups frozen Lite Whipped topping, thawed
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1 (7 oz.) tub dipping chocolate
Miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (optional)
Chopped dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a medium bowl stir together chocolate wafer cookies, Wood's Maple Sugar, and salt.
- Add melted butter and vanilla, stir until mixture is evenly moist.
- Press cookie mixture firmly and evenly over bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 glass baking dish.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until the crust is firm.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together peanut butter, milk and pudding mixes until combined (mixture will be stiff).
- Fold in one-fourth of the whipped topping and the chopped peanuts.
- Spoon peanut butter mixture evenly over crust; spread evenly.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave melt dipping chocolate according to package directions, then transfer to a medium bowl.
- Fold together melted dipping chocolate and the remaining whipped topping until combined.
- Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the peanut butter layer.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares.
To serve ― garnish each square with a peanut butter cup