Maple Hawaiian Slow Cooker Chicken
Mom whipped up this amazing slow cooker chicken recipe that we just LOVED! I hope you all enjoy it too. Sweet and savory, just how we like this recipe is slow cooker fantastic.
4-6 chicken thighs, bone-in
2 cups pineapple, cut into 1" chunks
1 yellow onion, cut into 1" chunks
3 tablespoons Wood's Maple Cream
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup Wood's Maple sugar
1-2tablespoon grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks
parsley, for garnish
Rice of your choice
- Using a cask iron skillet brown the chicken thighs on both sides for 3-5 minutes over high heat then remove them from the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the Maple Cream, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Carefully add the chicken thighs back into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours
- Add the cornstarch to a tablespoon of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker with the bell peppers and let it cook an additional 30 minutes while you cook some rice to accompany your meal.
- Serve with parsley for a garnish if desired.
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 47 grams
- 1 grams
- 513 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 42 grams