1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium yellow onions - diced
2-3 pounds 90% lean ground beef
1 pkg McCormick Chile seasoning mix
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder - optional
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 (18 oz.) can of tomato paste
2 tablespoons roasted garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper* -optional
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 (28 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
2 (16 oz.) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz,) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- In a 5 quart pot cook the ground beef and onions together. Cook until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili seasoning mix, cumin, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne and optional chili powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juice), drained kidney beans and black beans, tomato sauce, Wood's Smoked and Ghosted Maple Syrups and Wood's Smoked Maple BBQ Sauce. Stir well.
- Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Use the chili powder and/or cayenne pepper based on your family’s tendency toward spicy tastes.
Top with sour cream and or shredded cheese.