This is a quick and easy Italian bread recipe that has just as much flavor as your main dish. Perfectly Italian with just a hit of kick!
Wood's Easy Smokin' Italian Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Wood’s Ghosted Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Optional: spray butter, an extra tablespoon of butter, or garlic spray
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Spray a 9 ½-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients and mix well.
Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender (or two knives/forks) until the mixture is made up of fine crumbs.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, and milk.
Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened – do not over-mix! (If your dough is still a little dry, add an extra splash of milk).
Spoon into a prepared baking pan, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese and extra butter if desired.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Sour cream can be a substitute for Yogurt. You may need to add a splash of more milk as needed.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.