Challah French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
4 to 4 1⁄4 cups (480g to 510g) flour
3⁄4 cup (170g) water, lukewarm
6 tablespoons (74g) softened unsalted butter
1⁄2 cup Wood's Maple Syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons (9g) salt
- 4 teaspoons (12g) instant yeast
Egg (one for the french toast and one per sandwich)
- 1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1⁄4 cup Wood's Maple Syrup (you choose)
- Cheese of choice
Make your starter by combing the water, Wood's Maple Syrup, and yeast in a large bowl. Combine by wishing gently.
- A er 10 minutes, add 2 cups of our and mix together.
Add the butter and eggs, and mix together.
Mix in the remaining flour.
Move dough to a clean surface and knead the dough for 7 minutes.
- Divide dough in half, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half once more so that you have 4 pieces of dough.
Roll out each piece until about 3⁄4 of an inch thick and 1 1⁄2 feet long.
- Line up the four pieces, then braid them.
Place braided dough in bread pan, cover, and let proof for 1-2 hours, or until puffy.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Brush the dough with a milk and egg wash.
- Put bread in oven for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.
Once cooked, pull bread and let cool.
The bread is complete.
For the breakfast sandwich, stir together an egg, a splash of milk, a teaspoon of vanilla, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and 1⁄4 cup Wood's Maple Syrup in a shallow bowl.
- Dip bread in mixture then cook in a pan until toasted on both sides.
- Add cheese to each piece and put to the side.
- Fry your eggs in the pan.
- Put eggs on bread, cover, cut in half.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.