French Toast Casserole
We just LOVE this recipe! It's a family favorite and perfect for Christmas morning. You can put it together the night before and then just throw it in the oven while everyone is opening their presents.
9 oz. of very dry bread (baguettes work great)
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
1⁄4 cup Wood's Maple Syrup of your choosing
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vani a extract
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. fu y cooked sausage (optional)
Cube bread into 1-inch cubes.
Grease an 8x8 baking dish with butter.
- Place cubed bread in the prepared casserole dish.
Beat together eggs, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon (optional)
Cut cream cheese into 1⁄2 inch portions and place over the top of the bread.
- Spoon drained, cooked sausage over top of cream cheese.
Pour egg mixture over top, making sure ingredients are submerged in the egg mixture.
Shake nutmeg over top. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove plastic wrap. Bake for 35 minutes or until the egg is set.
Serve with additional warmed Wood's Maple Syrup.
Note: The Wood's Rum Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup is so good on this!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.