Maple, Apple, and Cheddar Bread Pudding
2 large unpeeled apples, cut into 1⁄2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (10 oz.) cinnamon swirl bread or cinnamon-raisin swirl bread, cubed
2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese-divided
- 2 eggs
2⁄3 cup Wood's Maple Sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon pure vani a extract
- (I added chopped pecans to the top for the last 5 minutes of baking.)
Slightly sweetened whipped cream
- Vani a ice cream
Warm caramel topping
Optional toppings —
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon.
- In a very large bowl, toss bread cubes with apple mixture and 1 cup cheese.
- Spread evenly in a greased 2-quart baking dish; top with 1⁄2 cup cheese.
Beat eggs with Wood's Maple Sugar in the same bowl; stir in milk and vanilla.
- Pour mixture evenly over the bread mixture, pressing down on the bread to moisten the top cubes of bread. Top with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Heat oven to 350°F. Bake pudding for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with toppings if desired.
I ate this warm out of the oven! Awesome!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.