This is a fantastic casserole for when you want to knock your plain ol' chicken out of the park. Cheesy with a sweet kick, you'll add this recipe to your meal plan toolbox.
Maple Ghosted Confetti Chicken
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ½ ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Note: I added 2-4 tablespoons of Wood's Ghosted Maple Syrup
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
In a saucepan, combine carrots, onion, celery, and chicken broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
In a 3-quart casserole, mix soup, sour cream, chicken cubes, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
Add simmered vegetables and liquid to the casserole dish; mix well.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add eggs, milk, green pepper, pimiento, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
Option: I added 2-4 tablespoons of Wood's Ghosted Maple Syrup. Gives the casserole extra ZIP.
Mix just until well blended.
Drop tablespoons of topping onto casserole and bake in 350° F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese and return to oven until melted.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.