Maple Roasted Chicken
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-6 bone-in/skin-on chicken breasts or another choice of chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth
½ cup Wood’s Maple Syrup
- ½ heaping tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves, rosemary, or your choice of herbs
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
Preheat oven to 400º F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Add chicken to your pan, and sauté on both sides till nicely browned. (I did not brown enough, - I was in a hurry - "hangry")
Remove the chicken from the pan.
Add broth, Wood’s Maple Syrup, thyme (herbs), and garlic.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for a couple of minutes then add vinegar and mustard and cook for another minute.
Place chicken in the skillet with the sauce and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
To serve— Serve chicken with the sauce spooned over the chicken with a side of mashed potatoes - yum! You could also bake in a pyrex dish in the oven…
As I said — I did not brown enough, but it was easy to eat and I would have taken the skin off.... but that's just me!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.