Must-Have Vermont Maple Glazed Sloppy Joes
- 1 tab of butter or oil of choice
- 2 lbs. ground hamburger
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic minced or 2 heaping tablespoons of prepared garlic
- 1, 10 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 12 hamburger buns (or your favorite bun. Just be careful the tops aren’t too crunchy or the sauce will just run off. Sliders are great too!)
- Sliced cheese of your choice (cheddar is great but we use whatever is on hand)
- ½ cup butter
4 tablespoons Wood’s Maple Dark Robust Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoon Wood’s Smoked Maple Mustard (regular prepared mustard can be used if you don't like heat)
- 2 teaspoons of potato starch
Mustard Maple Glaze —
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Add 1 tab of butter or dab of oil to a large frying pan. Add your onions and cook on medium-high heat until they begin to soften. Add your hamburger and spices. Once your meat is almost browned through add your garlic and diced tomatoes.
- While the meat is finishing, line a 11x15-inch roasting pan with parchment paper. Place the bottoms of your buns on top of the parchment filling the pan (it’s ok if they touch).
Mustard Maple Glaze ―
- In a small saucepan, add butter, Wood's Maple Syrup, Worcestershire, and Wood's Mustard. Bring to a boil, stir, and simmer.
- Add potato starch and simmer to thicken.
The Build ―
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop your cooked meat mixture (leaving any extra juice behind) onto each bottom half of your buns. You may have more meat than you need in which case, grab another pan or set aside for another meal (or snack).
- Top your meat with a slice or two of cheese per bun and cover with the top buns.
- Spoon your glaze over the tops of your buns until it’s gone.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the glaze browns slightly and the burger is melted together nicely.
- Grab a fork (you may need it) and enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.