Summer is all about firing up the grill and indulging in the rich flavors of perfectly grilled steaks. If you're looking to take your grilling experience to the next level, we've got just the recipe for you: Savory Maple Grilled Steak Marinade. This delectable marinade combines the robust taste of quality steaks with the sweet sophistication of Wood's Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple or Ghosted Maple Syrup. Get ready for your taste buds to beg for more with this unforgettable grilled masterpiece. It's our go-to marinade to the grilling season!
Savory Maple Grilled Steak Marinade
Sara St. Peter
- 2 quality steaks or your choice
- ¼ cup olive or avocado oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Worchester sauce
- ¼ cup Brags Liquid Aminos
¼ cup Wood's Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple or Ghosted Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- Salad greens of choice
- Salad dressing of choice
Pick your favorite cut of steak.
Mix all your ingredients in a gallon bag or a bowl.
- Add your steaks and marinade for at least 4 hours but they’re better if you let them soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix up your favorite salads fixin’s.
Heat either your grill or frying pan with a pad of butter or cooking oil of choice.
- Pour off the excess marinade from steaks (It may burn or gum up your grill/frying pan if you cook in the juice).
- Sear steaks quickly on a hot grill or in a frying pan, then finish in an oven at 350° F until done to your liking.
- Let the meat rest and slice thin to top your greens a pick your favorite dressing!
This marinade is also great for venison. You can also save the excess marinade and boil it to reduce it to make gravy if you’re not serving salad. If you're cooking for more, I find increasing your liquids to ⅓ cup and spices to 1 ½ tablespoons of onion and garlic powder and 1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard does the trick for 4-6 steaks. Just make sure you have enough liquid to cover or toss the steaks frequently.
If you're a spice fan add a shot of tobacco and a teaspoon of red pepper flacks!
Top with your favorite cheese for an awesome kick!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.