Nothing is better than fresh berries in the summer and this frosting recipe puts those little miracles front and center, dressing up any cake to perfection!
Fresh Maple Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
3 tablespoons Wood’s Maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Finely grated zest from 1 medium lemon
- 8 ounces cream cheese (454g), softened
- ½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
⅓ cup Wood’s Blueberry Crush Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt or sea salt
- Combine the blueberries, Wood’s Maple Sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Cook the sauce over low/medium heat, stirring frequently and smashing some of the blueberries as they soften until the sauce thickens and the cornstarch becomes translucent.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, butter, Wood's Blueberry Crush Maple Syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat together until smooth and creamy.
- Fold the blueberry sauce into the cream cheese frosting until you like the texture of the frosting. The more you mix the frosting, the fewer chunks of blueberry you will have in the frosting.
- If needed, chill slightly and then spread frosting on your favorite cake or cupcakes.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.