These gooey, crunchy bars always hit the spot when you're looking for that perfect combo of chocolate and caramel!
Maple Caramel Fudge Brownies
- 16-ounce jar of caramel sauce
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter
2 cups Wood’s Vermont Maple Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon of oil of your choice
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Generously grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch pan with shortening.
- In a 2- quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, vanilla, and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of the chocolate chunks and 1 cup of the pecans.
- Spread evenly in the 9 x 13 pan.
- Gently and evenly drizzle caramel sauce over the batter, preventing large pockets of caramel from reaching the bottom of the bars. Caramel will cover the entire surface of the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean when inserted
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the remaining ½ cup of the chocolate chunks and oil over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup pecans; press in lightly.
- Cool until the chocolate is set.
Using a table knife, cut around the edge of the pan. Brownies will lift out of the pan easier.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.